togbean's place

Sunday, October 15, 2006

She's Going the Distance

It's Stitchy, Yo!

Above you will find the lovely and delightful MR. + MRS. Stitchy McYarnpants. I traveled down to West Hartford CT to see Debbie at Sit-n-Knit, the fourth stop on her Mock-n-Roll Tour. It was a lovely little shop full of friendly people and few ladies VERY excited about the book, they even brought old pattern books for her. Yeah! Debbie did great, she was at ease, very funny and she seemed to have a great time :)

I was invited to join her and Jon for lunch afterwards, yippee for me! We went over to a tappas place called Barcelona. Good food, strangely their meat delivery never showed up that day so there were a coule of things unavailable and they were out of a bunch of their beer selections, but it was a good bit of food. I had a great time with them and I look forward to seeing Debbie again next weekend in Rhinebeck.

I love Mommy's days to herself. Ahhh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon and I had a great time, too. Jon was very happy that you were actually able to admit to enjoying the new Star Wars movies. He thought he was the only one. I did, too. :)

And I think you should totally make the owl picture into a toy, exactly as-is. I'd love to see how the lines look enbroidered just as they appear on the dawing. I love the idea of modeling things after kids artwork.

On Neil Gaiman's blog a while ago, he linked to an exhibit where artists took and reinterpreted childrens' drawings based on Winnie the Pooh. The online gallery doesn't seem to be there any more, but they are selling items from it. Check it out:

http://www.nineteeneightyeight.com/originals_Ablan_pooh.html

http://www.nineteeneightyeight.com/originals_Simkins_where.html

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

family