togbean's place

Friday, October 13, 2006

The Owl's Song

Is it Halloween yet?

This is the Bean's Halloween painting of a spooky owl - I may just have to make a stuffed version of this. My great grandmother used to collect owls and my grandmother used to collect chickens, I feel a theme coming on....

I'm working on a custom chicken for my blogger buddy, Marti. Its a belated wedding present. The poor girl is stuck with a dial up connection and her brand-new husband just trucked out for his mounted police training. Yup, he's a Canadian Mounty, how frickin' cool is that! The hat, the red coat, the horse!



These are some of the fabric choices we are working from, we'll see what works out. I'm So excited about this chicken, she wants to name it Edith after her Grandma - cool and ahw-inducing all at the same time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell bean that the owl drawing is fantastic! I really love it. What a wonderful artist!

I also love your monkey from the "Allentown" post.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

Yes, the Bean is quite talented. That owl actually creeps me out a little bit. What every great artist aspires to...to move their audience!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

talent certainly does run in this family!!!! looking forward to my little mouse's creations.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

family