togbean's place

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Moving Right Along

...dugga dum, dugga dum.
Nice trip to Rhinebeck on Sunday with Cupcake. I TOTALLY missed the exit for the Taconic Pkwy and as I was passing Albany - realized I had gone too far. A bit of backtracking and we were there by 11. Had a great time perusing the barns, fondling roving and goggling at yarn and Baby Doll Sheep - They look like Ewoks! I want one! or two! We had a couple of good sammiches, crispy-cruchy onion rings, yum, and I only bought enough yarn for a scarf of my very own. I'm using Ms. Zimmerman's Gull pattern for my first lace attempt.
I was a good girl and I had a great time. I only found two squares on my RBB card but I'm fine with that - it was the experience that counts. Nornspinner pulled in and parked right behind us when we got there and we ran into a bunch of other RBB players that were not on my card. Good, good times.





This is the Grumble's new hat, sorta rastafarian - though not planned that way. She likes it, thats all that matters. Simple striped hat knit about 1/3 too big so I could go back with a smocking stitch, I liked making this one.

*sigh* I got a new job this week - I give my notice at the Mega-Bookstore today. For those of you wondering, I'll be working here starting in two weeks! Whee!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! I am so happy for you! And for me! Discount by proxy! Just kidding. I am super happy for you though. It is SO GOOD to do a job that you like and that speaks to other areas of your life and your passions. You're now one of the lucky ones.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Knittah said...

Hi Togbean! Thanks for being the first ever Rhinebeck knit blogger to pose with Swatchy! Nice to meetcha!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

About knitting your first lace: I am in the process of knitting my first as well, and it's awesome. Loving it.
About your new job: I hate you and don't want to be your bloggy friend anymore.
(of course I kid...congrats to you!)

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for you! Congratulations on the new job and leaving the empty and soul-less corporate world behind!

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job! BE CAREFUL with your paycheck! Hazards of the job and all . . . :)

It was great to see you this weekend at Rhinebeck, I wish I'd have had more time to chat. I didn't get around much while I was there, but I had fun nonetheless.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

family