togbean's place

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Driver's Seat

Lest you think I have not been busy the last few days, This is my beloved blue chair. I have had her since I was 16 and she is my favorite.





This is a close up of her fabric in better days.







Here she is all nekkid and exposed, poor old girl. Surprisingly the blue fabric is a reupholstry job. The original fabric would have worked great with my new couch - I'll show you a bit in the next post.




More nekkid chair. I must have taken 200 staples and about a hundred little nails out of her to get the fabric off.





I found this little jem - about 1/8yd - tucked into the seat. What a find!






This will be her pretty new dress, its sorta a green grasscloth. I already have all the pieces cut and I have already placed the back and arm pieces back on her. Tonight I hope to finish with the backside of the chair and the little front panel. More tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you reupholstering or making a slipcover? i can't wait to see the finished chair. i started a fitted slipcover (with zipper) a year ago and got so frustrated i never finished. any tips?

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

family