togbean's place

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Chicken-Hearted

The Grumble snapped this pic of me in the workshop today. I like her framing. I was working on a whim. Hmmmm, see, back in the spring the Bean drew a picture of a blue rooster on a piece of yellow paper. We stuck it up on the "magnet door" and there it sat. I kept glancing at it - the thing just cried out to made into a stuffy.



This is the original drawing. The turquoiseness of the bird's body didn't survive but its about the color of the blue sun up there. I just happen to have striped fabric in the same color out in my stash - so I headed out to the workshop and started cutting and sewing. Being able to take pics of "Mama working" helped the Grumble today - she had a hard time letting Sissy get on the bus.









And heeeeeere is Chicken Betty. Yep, thats what the Bean called her. Yes, I know roosters are boys - leave it alone. The Bean says I have more work to do. I need to add the brown stripes and Chicken Betty needs some eyes, and, um, where are her legs! I figured the girl had great gams that I just couldn't do justice to so I would depict her "roosting". I was disabused of this notion - now I need to think about chicken legs. *sigh*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"chicken betty" is a most awesome fowl!! what a wonderful way to honor your bean's creativity. hope to see her in many other color combinations. she would be a great addition to your "store" merchandise. i would purchase one for our red kitchen. betty would be in good company with the other barnyard critters residing there. on a side bar...great picture by the grumble!! she knew to keep your anonymity. (did i spell that right???)
much love,

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Betty! Those girls of yours are amazing. Plus, good job on Yarnaville! (sp) I checked it out yesterday and really liked it.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Kristin Nicholas said...

totally cute!!!

Kristin

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

family