togbean's place

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Like a Rolling Stone

My Grumble has raging double ear infections. We were up ALL night last night just trying to comfort her enough to get some sleep. She napped fitfully from 12 until about 5 this morning when she finally passed out. Children's motrin, decongestants, warm oil in the ear (thanks to the MIL) - nothing worked last night. I cannot convey to those of you that don't have children how truly frustrating it can be to not be able to relieve your child's pain. Thankfully this morning we were able to get a Dr. appt and get started on antibiotics. This evening already seems to be going smoother. Sometimes I am amazed by just how strong my little grumble is. When I say raging ear infections, I mean it! The Dr. says that this is the level they usually see in the ER - let me tell you, last night was the FIRST inkling we had of the ear infection and she wasn't screaming in pain she was just uncomfortable and cranky. How much easier it would be if she complianed at her first discomfort and we were able to address the infection early. Instead she soldiers on saying nothing until it is truly painful. I think of how much she'll be able to handle as an adult if she has this kind of fortitude at 4. oh Grumble.


Consequently my entire sense of time has been thrown off. It hasn't felt like a Saturday because of the late night and the Dr. appointment.
OOOO I feel so bad about this but it was about 10 this evening that I realized I missed my future sister-in-law's wedding shower! What kind of a horrible person am I!?! I can't believe I completely missed it - I made sure that I had today off just for the shower - UGH. I'll call her in the morning and apologize. UGH!
When we picked up the Grumble's medicine I grabbed some sidewalk chalk because she was so good at the Dr's. While she and the Bean drew school houses and hopscotch games in the driveway I finished up Sarah's back-to-school gift.Here's it is.Every girl needs a stylish pencil roll when she heads back to class in the fall. Sarah just got this great new bag for school. Its big and grey with red stitching and a giant red button - I thought this would work.


Ah, I don't even want to talk about the process - I feel like such a shit for missing the shower. I really like my future SIL and I really don't get to see her much and this is her wedding and I remember how important My shower was to me. Ugh Ugh Ugh

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tugs at your heart strings. she looks like one of my angel prints. glad she is feeling better and the "sickness" is abating.
love,

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

family