togbean's place

Friday, January 05, 2007

Pins and Needles

I was home for a bit today and had a little time for some crafting.
I've been wanting to do some shrinky-dink pins for about 6 months and I finally just did it today. I may give some away and I wanted to keep them nice and organized, so I made these littel cards to store them on.




Arent's they cute! Its Chicken Betty in miniature! I'm thinking of making a whole line of chicken pins: Chickens Agnes, Maude, Edith and the ornament chicks. Whee!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I think this Chicken Betty has taken over your Blog. Who are you? What did you do with togbean? Is that her clucking in the background? The pins are cute!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

Ooooh man, Chicken Edith pins???! I'm gonna needs me some of them. (one of my new years resolutions is poorer grammar). I need to post a pic of Edie in her new sweater, I think you'll get a kick out of it. Thanks for your encouraging comments on my wee little blog BTW. Made me smile!

10:06 AM  
Blogger ChickenBetty said...

ladies, get our your colored pencils these things are So easy! Just color, cut, stick a pin in it and bake! Seriously, thats it.

6:25 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

I know that I am a little late in meeting Chicken Betty. She's wonderful. She reminds me of the time so long ago when my youngest son showed me a picture he had made. All you could see were feet and legs. I said, "Tell me about this picture. Where's the rest of him?" He looked at me in disbelief (Are you not with it Mom?")
"It's Paul Bunyan. He wouldn't fit on the paper!"
I wish I still had him. Well, Chicken Betty had no feet, Paul had no body or head. I wish I'd had the presence as you did to render him in fabric. I'd have kept him forever. What a joy our children's art is!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

family