togbean's place

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Headin' for a Heartbreak

I love working at Webs!
For so, so many reasons only one of which is the amazing free stuff that we get. Back during the rush of the Holidays I was also the happy recipient of 2 ebony cable needles, a set of sz2, 5 1/2" rosewood dpns, sz4, 4" bamboo dpns, sz8, 8" rosewood needles and a set of stitch markers. This table full of lovelies is what I got to come home with yesterday.


This is a silk mohair blend that our on staff dyer, The Kangaroo Dyer, was playing with, these were a couple of her "mistake" colors! Ultimately we decided not to carry this yarn but Artyarns carries a very similar blend.




We also get lots of nice free sample from the yarns companies we work with. Right now is swatch madness at the store as all the new Spring yarns begin to pour in. Customers have a much easier time picturing how to use the new yarns when they can see and feel how they knit/crochet up. I'm not a big cotton girl but it is Rowan and it will be nice for some cotton tops for the munchikins this summer.

Jo Sharp also has some great yarns with many, many wonderful patterns to play with. The Reynolds Soft Sea Wool is a new yarn and like the name implies - this stuff is soft. It has a nice nubby texture and knits up wonderfully on sz4 needles( 4!? Trust me, I've seen the sample swatch).



More lovely Rowan cotton.







The large hank is a not-quite-right dye lot of Kangaroo Dyer's SweetPotato Sock yarn - man, I love this color. One hank, two socks. Next to it is another "mistake" color that she was trying in the sock yarn, it'll make a nice pair for one of the munchikins. I had also gotten 2 hanks earlier in the year from her in colors that she wasn't thrilled with. What this woman sees as failures I would kill to some up with! She is one of the most honest, and modest, and lovely women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I'll have to show you the other two colors in the next post.
Finally, one last "mistake" color, I'll show you the finished project soon, promise! I'm off to finish up some stuff for CHIXON :), pics to come later this weekend (we don't want any peeking!) The Hubby and I are childless this weekend and we have lots of time to spend with friends and get some little things done around the homestead.


Oh, today's post title - it's eigth-grade flashback day around here, I'm listening to Winger.

1 Comments:

Blogger søren said...

that is an AMAZING haul! I love Gail-the-kangaroo-dyer - I totally don't know her, but I sell stuff at the greenfield farmers market and she recognized me from WEBS and came running up to me one day with arms full of her yarns and ran away without even telling me who she was! I didn't find out until I met her again at Fiber Twist!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

family