togbean's place

Sunday, November 26, 2006

All Together Now

Ah, the holidays. Pic heavy post tonight.
I think Thanksgiving dinner this year was the best meal my family has ever put together. My Step-Monster(self-named) got all the right snacky goodies for the kids - gerkins, pepperoni, cheese, crackers, carrots and olives, Dad cooked up the most delicious, moist, cruchy/salty skinned turkey, My Aunt's stuffing was simple perfection, My sister had great mashed taters, butternut squash and green bean casserole, my SM'S Mom brought a great fruit salad and NO ONE burned the rolls. So much for tradition :)
This morning after breakfast the munchikins were playing outside and I caught this while following them around - can you see it?





I wonder if this little sprout will make it through the winter. I'd love to see what it turns into in the spring.





We all went caching today. There was a new series with stops on all 5 of the local college campuses. I kept finding wierd fungi. I wonder if these would glow in the dark, foxfire, St elmo's fire? what is that glowing stuff in the woods/swamps called anyway? Maybe its this stuff.


Then I saw these. A whole sapling trunk covered with little white disks, except for these two. What made them red, what did they get/are they lacking that makes them different from the rest of the colony?




On our 4th stop of 6 the kids got to roll down this HUGE hill. They laughed the whole way and I think we found a perfect spot for sledding when we get some snow.





This has been circulating on the blogs for a bit and I thought I'd do my version.


Perhaps the chickens will be done tonight or tomorrow and I can open up the give-away. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marti said...

Girlfriend by Matthew Sweet is one of those instantly-take-me-back-to-highschool-driving-around-in-my-crappy-car-which-I-loved-smoking-too-many-cigarettes-for-one-so-young kind of songs. LOVE IT! If I didn't have dial-up, I'd go download it right now. And I started playing guitar because I thought I was going to be the third Indigo Girl. The closest(to fine) I came was the first ten seconds of Sweet Home Alabama and Stairway. Not gonna cut it.
Is that you on your wedding day???! So pretty!
Glad you had a good holiday.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Sounds like a really wonderful Thanksgiving. Now Christmas!

11:15 AM  
Blogger ChickenBetty said...

Yep, that's our wedding day. May 25th 1996. The perfect day.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

family