togbean's place

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Isn't It Ironic

No pics today.
My car blew up.

Our beetle car was in the shop over the weekend, she wouldn't go into reverse.
I left work on my lunch break today to go get the Hubby, turn around and get the beetle and both go back to work in separate cars. On my way to get him my car blew up on 91.
No oil light, no high engine temp, just BANG, smoke and an engine block with a hole in it. 1 nasty State Trooper and 2 nice and sweet State Troopers later, my preferred towing company was called and me and "Kaboom" were dropped off at my mechanic's, right next to my bright shiny red beetle - all ready to go.

Spare engine block for a 1990 Toyota Corolla, anyone?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's ALWAYS this time of year when something like that happens isn't it? I'm so sorry to hear of the bad luck...if you need me please call, I may me preggos, but I'm not handicapped! I'm always here to help. BIG HUGS to you...

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The always full of wisdom "me", also referred to as the guardian angel, says....on wings of love thru the air or "riding in a truck", i will deliver a special envelope. Be sure to "check" your parcel box.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

That is what one might call shee-tay. My condolences to your Toyota Corolla, and may the approaching holiday season down your way bring more glad tidings for you and yours.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Toyota Corolla.
I'm from Germany and about to knit "Babes". Your Mer Babe ist adorable and I would appreciate to receive the pattern. - I sent you an email but one never knows about spam protection :-)
Thank you
Tammina

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stink! I just read this and I seem to be days late! Yikes on that car but I see from the next post that you've got it worked out. Thank goodness.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

family