togbean's place

Monday, September 04, 2006

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

The Annie reference was for you Nornspinner.
My friend Nornspinner has started a blog. Huzzah! Another convert, mwahhahaha....
She raises angora bunnies and is an amazing spinstress. She spins the bunny fiber, wool , she dyes, plies and generally makes fantastic yarns. Ok Ok. Her bunnies are not as floofy as the above pic but HOLY CRAP that thing is awesome!

Years ago my Mom-in-law bought angora rabbits to raise for their fiber - stuffs pretty expensive per pound, of course you need about a garbage bag full to equal a pound. Needless to say, I have heard the tales of the basement bunnies from my husband. MIL never did make her fortune on those rabbits.
Nornspinner has also given me some advice on spinning up the canine fiber that my Bro-in-law entrusted me with. He wants a dog scarf. Yep, a scarf made from the fluffy undercoat of his beloved monster dog, Jasper. Oh its not like the dog died or anything - he's quite alive. BIL just wants a dog scarf and I promised to make it for him. I look forward to your help with this one :)

2 Comments:

Blogger nornspinner said...

hey i just found this! yay! and i see you got one of those crafter's ebay type stores. let my know how it works out.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

Is this a real live animal? It totally reminds me of Fizzgig from The Dark Crystal.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

family