togbean's place

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Counting Cars

Ah, where to begin.
How about the Bean's socks.
This is how much of a sock you can get done when you are in the back seat of a car for 8 hours.My step mother lost her Dad last weekend. He had been sick for about a year and was holding steady but took a turn last week. My sister, brother-in-law and I drove from the Pioneer Valley to Syracuse to support her and her family at the funeral. My Dad calls it a bullet trip and it is exhausting, 4 hours out, 4 hours back and I would do it again tomorrow if she needed us.

When we got back to my Mom and sis's house there was some stupendous stew to slurp and Mom had a bag of goodies for me from my Gramcracker - that's Mom's Mom. I was really too tired at the time to even look in the bag, I actually thought it was stuff for the munchikins. This is what was actually in the bag. A whole tub of really cool buttons, a pile of simple ring stitchmarkers, all sorts of spools of thread on really cool wooden spools(I'm sure I'll come up with something to do with them once the thread is used), snaps, needles, metallic thread, elastic, and a bunch of ricrac. How cool! I love bits o stuff. The ricrac is all ends and irregulars and they are labeled with the most simple white band with black lettering. It reminds me of govt issue foods - I saw a six-pack of beer once in white cans that just said BEER. I always thought it would be cool to have cabinets full of foodstuffs like that. CORN, MACARONI, CEREAL... Now I just need to do a little shuffling of the workshop to fit in all my new goodies.

I thought I would share with you my progress on the toolbox purse. I'm really not a fan of showing projects in progress, especially the assembly bits. Its just so inglorious.

One final thing tonight. The Bean had school bus orientation today. We went down to the middle school, had a quick meeting in the auditorium, picked up some information and then go to ride on a bus around town, across railroad tracks and over to her school. An extra bus driver walked all the new Kindergarteners through getting on and off the bus and crossing the street. She had a blast. She cannot wait for that bus to stop in front of our house next week. The grumble was just as excited and can't wait for her turn on the bus next year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GLAD YOU ENJOYED THE ARRAY OF "FUN STUFF" FOR YOUR VARIOUS PROJECTS!! GRAMCRACKER WAS SO EXCITED WITH HER FIND FOR YOU.
SEE YOU ON SATURDAY.
LOVE YA!!, BUNCHES :)

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

family