togbean's place

Friday, September 01, 2006

If I Had a Hammer

Say hello to "The Ice Cream Maker". "This thing will whip up any flavored ice cream shake you can dream of. Stuff goes in the top, chimney part and good things come out the bottom. It also makes everything else in the world, by the way. People will call me The Queen of Everything once I make more of these." So says the Bean about her latest lego construct.

Here we have the toolbox purse completed and from various angles. This is a close-up of the tiniest bit of embroidery, two little mushrooms. I originally had plans to cover one entire side of the bag with these but I have too many other projects to get to.



Here's a shot of the inside of the purse. I lined it with the same fabric that I used to line the Nappy Bag. I had this fabric in mind since I pulled together the yarns for this project. I was just glad that I had enough left after making the other bag - it was tight!



Here's the bag with my copy of Colorful Stitchery - I love this book:) If it wasn't for Kristin I wouldn't have embarked on half the projects I did this summer - like this, and this, and these. The book and the bag coordinate and CS helps to give some size perspective and hold up the handle.

The Bean's school bus stopped at the house today just after lunch. The bus driver is learning her new route. We made it outside just as she pulled away but it got the Bean's engine revving. I guess she really didn't think the bus was going to stop RIGHT in front of our house. She thinks this is just the coolest thing ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

family