togbean's place

Monday, September 25, 2006

Little Silver Car

We have 2 cars, a blue station wagon, 1990 and a red VW beetle 98. I love my little beetle - even though she needs a bit of upkeep work right now and trying to find a day when the shop can have her is a little tough. Anyway, I saw another bug in a great gunmetal grey the other day and I just LOVE that color on cars! I'm not really the stainless-steel-kitchen kinda girl but I really likes it on cars. Maybe it stems from the DeLorian in Back to the Future, I don't know but I've also seen it on Mini-Coopers and its just as yummy-licious there. The car thing has nothing to do with the rest of the post but it was in my head so there you go.

Stitchy Was HERE!

And I had no camera! :(
The Hubby went on an all-day hike of the Holyoke Range on Sat with a bunch of Caching buddies and he took the camera to document his 300th cache - which he forgot to do, dork.
Stitchy writes about it over here and if you look close you'll catch a glimpse of me - not enough to recognize me on the street though, mwahaahaahaaaaa....
That girl has a bevvy of friends that any woman would envy. What a support group! They drove all the way out from the Boston area to support her and make sure she didn't run away at the last minute :)
If Stitchy is appearing near you - GO THERE! Check her site for dates, I dare you. The traveling exhibit from the Museum of Kitschy Stitches is a Riot - you DO NOT want to miss Strangles the Clown or the amazingly rare Mexican wrestler costume! She is Fantastic, Witty, Smart, has a cutie hubby, and a devilish grin. She's a great girl that I am so happy to have met and gotten the chance to work with. Raise the roof, yo! Stitchy is a good time!
I'm trying to work out a trip to Rhinebeck NY for the big fiber fest and to play Blogger Bingo! I think Cupcake is coming with me - I need to let her know soon.

In other news, I got my new couch - Oh Glory! Ain't she a beaut!
I love the color and pattern, love, love, love. I'll be making pillows from the fabric that I used to redo the chair tomorrow.




While I'm out in the workshop I'll take some pics of the fabric bits that Cupcake generously passed along to me AND the Garbage bag full of fabric scraps that my friend Lori from work gave me. Apparently the girl has two more bags for me! WooHoo. Saturday was a GOOD day.



I'm also working on some scarfs for our friends over at Left-Click with pockets for ipods and cell phones.





I like me some Valley Yarns Berkshire, single ply yummy yummy. Great colors and YES it does felt very nicely without much fuzz.





Lastly, I have a little girl that wants a pink monkey for her birthday - I'm working on modifying this one, more sketch work and then I'll test one, maybe on Thursday.

Holy post Batman! Time to hop in the Mom-mobile and jet to work!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristin Nicholas said...

Sorry I missed it. Sounded fun.
Good luck with school. You must be nuts! Kristin

1:05 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

hey! it was nice meeting you. you did a great job. thanks to you i think stitchy is good for the long haul now.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there for Stitchy! POO! Maybe next time? I LOVE the new sofa and I can't wait for my next visit to plop down on it and do some crafting perhaps?

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

family