togbean's place

Friday, June 23, 2006

Metamorphosis


This is something I've been knockin around in the old noggin for awhile.


About a year ago I was making a Very Hungry Caterpillar playset for my friend's daughter and I couldn't find our copy of the book anywhere! So I googled it - where I ended up was here, scroll to the last entry. Let me warn you that if you do not have a stomach strong enough to handle exotic foodstuffs being pondered and consumed then please DON"T follow the link. Suffice it to say that I heartily enjoyed "Steve Don't Eat It" and have been a fan of the site - The Sneeze - ever since.

Don't worry - I'm getting to the image above.

Through The Sneeze I found an amazing illustrator, S. Britt, something about his work seriously appeals to me. I love the colors and the quirky, not-quite-rightness about the characters. His work makes me feel like I'm sitting in front of the old wood burning stove in my grandparents back room, it's like looking at all of my favorite books from early childhood - did I mention I like his stuff!?! Anyway....
through his links section I found Yamauchi Kazuaki. Again with the colors and the somewhat bizarreness of the characters. In his gallery I found this image of stripes and bugs.

Here's where I get to the point.

I want to knit/felt a bag in those colors and embroider the bugs on top - How cool would that be!!
Just add it to the list of things that might get started before the muncikins hit college. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

family