togbean's place

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

After Midnight

I was looking for a particular photo in the archives, oh who am I kidding! I was trolling through the "we dump every photo type thing here" file and I came across the photos from last Halloween. No one should live a life without seeing this shit! Here we have the Bean as Princess Ariel, she is obsessed with the little mermaid after all, and The Grumble as Cinderella. Now let me explain, please. Wait, wait... Ah God let me wipe the tears out of my eyes, its still so ridiculous. Har!


My Mom used to work for The Weathervane waaaay back when they still sold clothes for women and not just crap for tweens. When they got rid of their manikins she nabbed two of the wigs, a red and a blonde. These lent themselves quite nicely to Reba McIntyre and Hippie costumes for myself and my sis in High School. So here we were all set for the two perfect princess costumes, right?! Right, except that come All Hallow's Eve Mom couldn't find the blonde one. Some quick creative thinking later and we have one glorious Cinderella with a chair pad for hair.


I will laugh about this for the rest of my life!! I had tears streaming down my face all the way up and down Mom's street as the munchikins did their trick-or-treat thing.
I just had to share.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marti said...

Adorable!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh what cute girls! And how inventive to use a ... chair pad? for hair? Funneeee ... Gotta love it!!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

family